Monday, September 18, 2006

Week 12 - Sleeping in your crib!!!!


I know I’ve said it before but you are quite amazing. Right after I last blogged Daddy and I decided we’d see if you could sleep in your bed for a little while on Saturday night. I was totally nervous to put you in your beautiful room all by yourself. I also made the mistake of watching the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose right before your bedtime so I also felt that if I let you sleep alone in your room I was taking the risk of increasing your chances of being possessed by a demon (Just ignore me for now – someday Daddy will explain my quirks to you). Daddy had a fine night’s sleep while mommy, on the other hand, woke up every hour on the hour. The kicker is, though, that every hour you remained asleep and in the end, ended up sleeping 5.5 hours in your big boy crib! Last night you slept 7.5 hours in your crib! Although I am so excited that you finally get to take advantage of that gorgeous nursery you have and the beautiful bed your great aunts gave you, I am feeling a little dejected. Daddy says I’m just a freak but I miss you being next to me at night. If I’m feeling like this now, how the heck am I going to feel when you go away to college? I guess its UMass Lowell for you little boy! Ha!

Yesterday we went over the Jimenos to watch the Patriots game. You impressed everyone in your Bumbo and Ryan Mackinnon thought you were hysterical. I think he really wanted to play with you and felt poking your itty eyeballs might make you get up and walk around with him. He’s got about 9 more months till you can run after him. Hope he can wait!

I’m posting an old Patriots picture of you here because Daddy and I absolutely love it. You are wearing the bib Uncle Rog and Aunt Dannielle gave you. Later I’ll post some staged pictures of you “sleeping” in your crib!

Oh, by the way - Daddy weighed Eco yesterday and he came in at an astonishing 110 pounds! Aunt Titi calls him Declan's Pony. I so have to look for a saddle and some cowboy boots for you!

No comments: